We are pleased to announce to the general Igbere public the second edition of the Igbere Ebiri scholarship scheme. The first edition, in 2007, produced three awards to three deserving Igbere sons and daughters who are eligible to reapply for this edition.
The scheme was initiated by Igbere sons and daughters resident in the State of Texas in the United States of America but has since been embraced by Igbere sons and daughters elsewhere.
Purpose of the Scheme:
The Igbere Ebiri Scholarship scheme is intended to help as many deserving Igbere sons and daughters as possible to acquire higher education and life-enhancing skills.
- Applicants may come from any of the Igbere Ebiri autonomous communities.
- They must have completed at least the first year of study in any chosen discipline and in any recognized Nigerian University.
- They must have achieved a grade point average of at least 3.3 up to and including their most recent examinations.
- They must also be known to be of good character.
Method of Application:
Interested persons should complete the prescribed form to which they must attach official evidence of their academic performance. Completed Application forms may be returned as indicated on the form itself.
All applications must be received before or on the last day of October 2008. Any application that comes in after this date will not be considered.
If you are reading this announcement online, then Click this DOWNLOAD link for a copy of the Application Form (pdf format). Those who may receive hard copies of this announcement may also receive hard copies of the application form.
– The IgbereEbiri Scholarship Board.
The scholarship scheme is currently being managed by an international Board comprising:
- Engr. Emmanuel O. Ukandu – Houston (USA).
- Prof. Ogwo E. Ogwo – Uturu (Nigeria).
- Dr. Eme Ekekwe – Port Harcourt (Nigeria).
- Engr. Nd Uche – Muscat (Oman).
- Mazi Oko Igbokwe – Houston (USA).
- Engr. Emmanuel Ibekwe – Port Harcourt (Nigeria).
- Mr. Ndukwo Dibia – (Nigeria).