We are pleased to announce to the general Igbere public the third edition of the Igbere Ebiri scholarship scheme. The first edition, in 2007, produced three awards to three deserving Igbere sons and daughters. So did the second edition in 2008. The 2009 edition did not happen mainly because of major upheavals in the school calendar of that year.
This scheme was initiated by Igbere sons and daughters resident in the State of Texas in the United States of America but has since been embraced by Igbere sons and daughters elsewhere.
The scheme is intended to help as many deserving Igbere sons and daughters as possible to acquire higher education and life-enhancing skills.
- Applicants may come from any of the Igbere Ebiri autonomous communities.
- They must have completed at least the first year of study in any chosen discipline and in any recognized Nigerian University.
- They must have achieved a grade point average of at least 3.5 up to and including their most recent examinations.
- They must also be known to be of good character.
- Those enjoying other scholarships that may continue throughout 2012 need not apply.
Method of Application:
Interested persons should complete the prescribed form to which they must attach official evidence of their academic performance as well as a one-page essay indicating why they need the scholarship. Completed Application forms may be returned as indicated on the form itself.
All applications must be received before or on December 2012. Any application that comes in after this date will not be considered.
If you are reading this announcement online, then Click the DOWNLOAD button below for a copy of the Application Form. Those who may receive hard copies of this announcement may also receive hard copies of the application form.