The Igbere Welfare Union, Lagos Branch, has successfully concluded its 2017 election. which is adjudged the most peaceful and transparent election since its inception.
According to eyewitness sources, the following people have been elected as executive officers:
- President – Chief J. C. Ukoha (Otutemba),
- 1st Vice President – Mr. Austin Orji,
- 2nd Vice President – Mr. Omenka Emeri,
- Treasurer – Chief Nnamdi C. Ibekwe,
- Secretary – Architect Dan Ukaegbu,
- Financial Secretary – Mr. Chima O. Chima,
- Social Secretary – Mr. Orji C. Dike,
- Assistant Financial Secretary – Mr. Onuoha Samuel
Also, the posts of Assistant Secretary, Public Relation Officer and Provost are yet to be filled.
According to reports, there was no atom of rigging, as the the Electoral Committee brought a new innovation into the process by printing ballot papers. “I suggest that every IWU and all Age grades should copy it,” the President Elect Chief J. C. Ukoha said after the election.
The Electoral Commission officers are as follows:
- Chief O. N. Chukwu (Onu na ekwuru Oha),
- Patron Uche O. Uche,
- Patron Maduka Ojike,
- Chief C. C. Awa,
- Mr. Agbai Igwe,
- Chief J. O. Elechi.