The reconstruction and renovation of the main building of Igb ere Secondary School is in progress. According to sources, the project is being done in four Phases with milestone established for each phase.
Tasks of Phase 1
PHASE 1 tasks include but not limited to the following:
- Erection of twelve (12) new pillars both up and down;
- Fortification of the foundation with blocks and casting with chippings because of the damage done to the foundation;
- Reconstruction of all doors and windows;
- Addition of one layer block to the building as suggested by the President of Igbere Welfare Union, Elder Uwakwe Okoronkwo;
- Removal of the four (4) Big stumps of the trees that pose threat to the building;
- Excavation of the roots from the foundation;
- Making of scuffle with Woods.
Responding to this development, the Igbere Welfare Union, Lagos Branch President, Chief J. C. Ukoha (Otutemba), said:
“Since the government of Abia State has continued to neglect Igbere Community and especially Igbere Secondary School, built and handed over by Ndi Igbere to the government, the people have activated the spirit of SELF-HELP as IGBERE DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION a group of Ndi Igbere residing in the United States of America and beyond have started the renovation work. Let every ‘nwa Igbere’ get prepared to contribute towards the actualisation of this noble course at the appropriate time as the work progresses. This shame must be removed. Churches especially Igbere Brethren of Assemblies of God Church should take up the renovation/ modernization of the library section. Bravo IDA, Inc.!”