The former President of Igbere Welfare Union (IWU), Lagos Branch, Chief Jacob C. Ukoha (Otutemba) has lauded and extolled the holy name of the Lord for helping the IGBERE DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION, Inc. (IDA) to achieve commendable milestones within three years of existence. IDA was established on March 26, 2017.
“Bravo to the leadership of IDA led by Chief Esse N. Esse (Okaibeya) and his dynamic assistant, Mr. Ukaegbu Ukaegbu, and to the entire membership who have always given their individual support towards the realization of any program or project they embarked upon. Greater will your achievements be in the days ahead. Happy birthday IDA and let other Igbere groups follow your footsteps and if possible let them overtake you, for in an effort to develop Igbere; overtaking is and should be allowed!”, – Chief J. C. Ukoha wrote.
Continuing, Chief Ukoha prayed as follows: “God almighty please bless and reward every IDA member abundantly and those that do support their projects, people like Justice Benson Chukwudubem Anya.”
The milestones referenced are attributed to IDA include but not limited to:
- Official formation of the Organization, such as Registration (incorporation), obtaining the Federal Employer Identification Number and Tax Exempt 501(c) in the USA;
- Establishment of structures starting with Interim Leadership, vibrant Working Committees and now substantive Elected Officers;
- Drafted and ratified IDA Constitution and subsequent Amendments;
- Renovated the Main Building of Igbere Secondary School, which was handed over to Igbere Community in 20017;
- Furnished the 12 classrooms of the main building of ISSI with standard classroom desks;
- Developed and launched IDA website known as www.IDAEBIRI.org;
- Organized a convention of the Igbere people in diaspora tagged “2019 IDA Convention”;
- Restoration of the Igbere Water Scheme;
- Awarded contract to rebuild the ISSI Science Laboratory.